SE "UKHIN" offers the following own developments:
There is a technology for producing nanoparticles from solid products of coal processing. The final products are suspensions of various types of nanoparticles in any liquid media. Suspension additives modify various composite materials and coatings, increasing their durability, strength, and other performance characteristics.
For more information, contact tel.
The laboratory furnace to determine the pressure of expansion of coal and their mixtures in the process of coking.
The installation allows you to quickly determine the pressure of the expansion of coal and charge in a wide range of bulk density from 0.6 to 1.3 kg / dm3. There is a modelling of the coking process that occurs in an industrial furnace: two-sided heating and a free evacuation of gases generated during coking coal loading. A more detailed method of determining the pressure of expansion, as well as the results of research are described in Journal Coal Chemistry, 2007. No.3-4. pp. 29-33; 2009. № 5-6. Pp. 35-41 .; 2010. №1-2. C 32-39. This device has a patent: «Laboratory installation for determining the pressure of the spreading of coal and charges of various bulk density.»
Furnace load: 0.8 -1 kg, duration of experience: 3.5-4h. The heating system allows the process of coking at the temperature of the heating walls from the side of the coal load at the temperature of the walls of the industrial furnace. The manufacture of rammed coal pie is made in a special device with a constant specific work of tamping 560 J / kg, similar to the work of tamping in an industrial rammer-loading and ejector machine (TZVM). The amount of coke produced in the installation is 0.50-0.75 kg, which is enough to determine its physicomechanical and physicochemical properties in a specially designed drum. The data obtained with the help of this furnace are used in the compilation of coal charges with the optimum value of the pressure of expansion, for industrial coking.
Broadband measuring complex for remote monitoring of coke oven battery radiothermal radiation.
The device allows to determine the temperature inside the coke oven battery through the refractory masonry of the coke oven.
There is a method for determining the temperature of a coked charge by an optical pyrometer by measuring the temperature of a metal product placed in a protective case, which is inserted into the coking chamber along its axis to the bottom.
- carrying out comprehensive studies of reservoir and commodity samples of coal, as well as concentrates of processing plants to determine the most effective ways of using coal;
- cycling techniques for the accumulation of optimal carbon blend for coke;
- technological developments on the organization of production of briquettes for various purposes;
- technological schemes of preparation of coals and charges for coking;
- technology of using coke breeze;
- technology for producing from Donetsk low-metamorphosed coal and anthracite activated carbon of a wide spectrum of activity;
- technology meetings (baseline) for the design of coke ovens with high-strength heating walls and a low content of nitrogen oxides in flue gases;
- comprehensive survey of existing coke batteries and the process of coking coal;
- effective designs of gas tight doors of coke ovens, planning hatches and riser covers;
- a comprehensive study of the properties of coke, including reactivity, flammability, density, porosity, electrical resistance structural strength, abrasive hardness, etc.;
- studies that allow determining the coefficient of excess air in the automatic mode, monitoring the charge planning modes, etc .;
- technological tasks for the design, construction, reconstruction and technical re-equipment of both complexes of chemical plants, and individual processes and devices;
- highly efficient mass-exchanging apparatus, providing the extraction of coke gas naphthalene, benzene hydrocarbons, hydrogen sulphide, hydrogen cyanide, etc .;
- technology and instrumentation of the process of obtaining crystalline ammonium sulfate in the saturator process by the method of cooling crystallization in the pulsating mode;
- processes of medium and high temperature catalytic hydrotreatment of benzene and naphthalene;
- the distillation of coal tar in a continuous process on plants with a capacity of up to 200 thousand tons per year to obtain a wide range of fractions;
- the processes of obtaining coal pitons of various qualifications;
- technology of anisotropic (needle) pitch coke production by the method of delayed coking in vertical reactors;
- processes for obtaining pure naphthalene, anthracene, carbazole, phenanthrene, acenaphtene, pyrene, chrysene;
- development of regulatory documents in the field of environmental protection, environmental impact assessment and auditing;
- questions of standardization, certification, metrology and analytical studies of coke-chemical and other types of coal processing.
- screening of small classes of coal and charge (6-0 mm) before crushing;
- crushing of coals and charges in disk crushers of the original design, providing uniform particle size distribution of coals and charges and a lower power consumption (by 30%) as compared to hammer ones.
- flocculation-gravity method;
- flocculation-flotation method;
- flocculation centrifugal method;
- production of impregnating pitch by cleaning coal tar in precipitation centrifuges to a content of insoluble substances in the quinoline of 0.9-1.5%;
- production of a pitch-binder by treating coal tar under the pressure of its own vapors, providing a high content of toluene-insoluble substances, and an increase in the coke residue;
- production of anisotropic (needle) pitch coke by the method of delayed coking in vertical reactors.
Having done research, UKHIN has made a significant contribution to the development of the science of coal, especially to its most complex sections, such as studying the composition, structure, and laws of thermo chemical transformations.
Under industrial conditions the Institute has developed and tested the scientific basis for the preparation of coal charges for coking coal from coal basins around the world. The use of these techniques allows us to develop the optimal composition of the charge, providing in different furnaces the production of coke in accordance with the modern requirements of the blast-furnace and foundry industries.
The technological schemes for the preparation of coal and charges for coking, including operations have been developed and implemented:
The new technology for preparing coal charge for coking, developed in UKHIN, is a thermal preparation, which makes it possible to produce durable blast furnace coke from mixtures with a high content of weakly coking coal. At the same time, it provides non-waste production and thus protects the environment from pollution.
In the field of coal enrichment, the Institute has the following developments:
Coking technology by the Institute made a significant contribution to the development of coke oven designs. The elements of heating systems of all modifications of coke ovens built according to Giprokoks’s projects have been developed using hydraulic models. It has allowed to provide a uniform heating both in height and length of coking chambers with rather high values of thermal efficiency. A method has been developed for calculating the required efforts of anchor compression, strength and durability of coke-oven batteries, and original solutions for bandaging seams in different masonry zones have been proposed, it has a positive effect on the service life.
The institute successfully improves the layered coking process by developing rational loading and coking modes of the charge, quenching and sorting coke, ensuring a long-term efficient operation of coke oven batteries and reducing emissions of nitrogen oxides through chimneys.
There have been developed efficient designs of gas-tight doors, planning hatches and riser caps, as well as a number of devices for post-finishing treatment of gross and metallurgical cokes, which increase both the mechanical strength of coke and the uniformity of its particle size distribution.
UKHIN, along with Giprokoks and other organizations, has created processes for the production of molded coke and a continuous layer coking in vertical furnaces. There is also a process of semi-coking of low-metamorphosed and brown coal in vertical furnaces with the production of a wide range of chemical products and synthesis gas.
The institute has the ability to determine reactivity (CRI) and a coke strength after reaction (CSR).
The Institute has the technology of obtaining a number of broad-spectrum adsorbents from Donetsk low-metamorphosed coals and anthracites, the samples which have been tested with positive results in the process of purification of drinking water, purification of industrial wastewater and the air of domestic premises.
Coke oven gas treatment
Through its research, UKHIN has made a significant contribution to the creation of processes and devices for the condensation and cooling of coke oven gas, the capture of ammonia, the production of ammonia water and ammonium sulfate, the capture of benzene from coke oven gas using optimal absorbers.
The institute owns developments that ensure the purification of coke gas from hydrogen sulphide, solutions for the extraction of hydrogen cyanide from gas to obtain sodium and ammonium salts, thiourea, and hydrogen xanthone. The technology and instrumentation of the process of obtaining crystalline ammonium sulfate in the saturator process by the method of cooling crystallization in the pulsation mode was developed and tested.
The processes of medium- and high-temperature catalytic hydrotreatment of benzene and naphthalene have been developed, providing high-purity products, namely, benzene with a crystallization temperature of at least 5.5 °C and naphthalene with a purity of 99.99%.
The developed complex scheme for centralized processing of raw benzene using these and other highly efficient processes will ensure the production of a wide range of high-quality commercial products: aromatic hydrocarbons, solvents of thermoplastic resins, etc.
The processes of rectification of coal tar in continuous-action aggregates with single and double evaporation have been studied experimentally and put into practice.
A significant place in the activities of the institute is occupied by the work on obtaining individual products for the chemical industry from coal tar, such as naphthalene, acenaphten, fluorene, anthracene, carbazole, pyrene, and others.
To provide raw materials for the production of large-sized electrodes with the increased mechanical strength and the ability to pass an electric current with a density of more than 25 A / cm2, the following processes have been developed and tested in industrial conditions::
Analytical research, standardization, certification, metrology of coal processing
The Institute has carried out a set of works on the creation of new and improvement of the existing methods for monitoring technological processes of coke-chemical production and the quality of the products obtained. Standard samples were created to control the quality of coke-chemical products and the calibration of instruments. Safety data sheets were developed and regulatory documents were updated to allow coke-chemical enterprises to manufacture products in strict accordance with the requirements of state bodies monitoring product quality and the state of the environment.
Environmental protection of coke plants
Having done research, UKHIN has made a significant contribution to solving environmental protection problems from emissions of coke-chemical production. The original methods of disposal of wastewater have been created and implemented. As a result of special studies, complete data were obtained on the sources of the air pollution at each coke-chemical plant in Ukraine. Based on the data, it was concluded that the reduction of emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere can and should be achieved mainly by improving existing and creating new technological processes.
Scientific and organizational activities
The Institute maintains close relations with enterprises, organizations and institutions of Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, China and other countries that are engaged in the chemical technology of solid fuels.
Recently, the work has been done on the study of the raw material base of coking at Indian enterprises, as well as the studies of coal deposits in Australia, Indonesia, Egypt, and several other countries.
The scientists of the Institute published more than 120 monographs and methodological manuals on the most important issues of coal chemistry and coke chemistry, more than 3,200 scientific articles in periodicals, received more than 650 copyright certificates and patents. UKHIN has prepared and published over 70 volumes of works of the institute, more than 150 collections of abstracts and annotations of domestic and foreign literature on coal chemistry and coke chemistry, as well as numerous materials of conferences, meetings and symposia. Over the past 10 years, the institute specialists have made over 40 scientific reports at international symposia.